Comprehensive protection against viruses, Trojans and other threats - now with CloseGap
G Data AntiVirus 2014 protects you in many ways at once. Maximum security through active hybrid protection using CloseGap technology, and the best response times to current and local threats.
With the improved G Data BankGuard, for maximum protection while using online banking.
- NEW: Active hybrid protection with CloseGap technology to close security gaps (www.closegap.net)
- NEW: AutostartManager accelerates startup - boot up as you did on the first day
- NEW: Completely re-engineered user interface for intuitive use - no software manual required
- IMPROVED: New BankGuard technology for secure banking and online shopping
- IMPROVED: Behavior monitoring protects against unknown viruses
- Hourly updates ensure that even new threats stand no chance
- Resource saving thanks to fingerprinting, idle scanning, and active hybrid protection
- Additional real-time data comparison in the cloud protects against false positives
- Recommended by gamers: Top protection and high-performance with no annoying pop-ups
- Service Center: We are there to assist you
- Protect your Android™ smartphone or tablet against viruses as well as mobile threats
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 Bit/64 Bit), min. 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 Bit/64 Bit), min. 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 Bit/64 Bit), min. 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 Bit/64 Bit), min. 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 and above, 32 Bit), min. 512 MB RAM
An Internet connection is required to download the latest virus signatures and software updates.
Active hybrid protection for fending off malware and online attacks
Precision and speed are critical for the fast, successful avoidance of computer malware. A short response time between the first occurrence of the malware and the availability of a corresponding virus signature is often essential. Traditional antivirus solutions frequently cannot keep pace.
G Data CloseGap technology takes a different route, combining proactive, signature-based security technologies in powerful active hybrid protection. CloseGap receives additional enhancements with every update, so the functionality can easily be adapted to the current threat. This means that your data is ideally protected all the time – even in the event of new, previously unknown attack scenarios. However, G Data CloseGap offers one other advantage over the dual engine concept used to date: the use of resources is significantly lower.
A dual engine provides perfect protection against online threats. However, the double detection uses up a lot of computing resources.
G Data CloseGap active hybrid protection detects and closes holes in the protective shield fully automatically. It does so quickly and effectively – for comprehensive, efficient protection that does not slow down your PC or laptop.
Banking Trojans are becoming more and more of a threat. On an hourly basis, online criminals are developing new malware variants (e.g. ZeuS, SpyEye) to use to steal your money.The estimated damages in Germany alone were around 100 million euros in 2011.
Security vulnerabilities despite effective TAN processes and data traffic to the bank being encrypted
Banks secure data traffic over the Internet. But data is still decrypted in the browser, allowing banking Trojans to attack it there ("man in the browser" attacks):
Survey*: Security software only protects to an extent
Straight after new banking Trojans are found, according to a new survey* the signature-based detection rate by conventional PC security solutions is just 27%, and only increases incrementally in around 2 weeks. However, a banking Trojan attack frequently only lasts a few hours, and after three days it is no longer actively used by the attackers at all.
However, the pioneering BankGuard technology from G Data secures your banking transactions from the outset and provides instant protection where the attack takes place. By checking that the network libraries used are genuine, G Data BankGuard ensures that your web browser has not been manipulated by a banking Trojan. Such proactive instant protection of more than 99% means that your online banking transactions are always given the best possible protection – even against Trojans that have not yet been discovered!
The average protection provided by security software is not sufficient during this period.
The solution: G Data BankGuard – Included in all G Data private user products
Thanks to a new, unique technology, G Data BankGuard's instant protection is capable of protecting against more than 99% of all Trojan infections. G Data BankGuard is an established element in all G Data private user products, closes critical security holes and is the optimum enhancement to bank security protocols.
*: Information Stealer Detection inside the Web Browser, by Armin Buescher (Message Labs), Felix Leder (University of Bonn) and Thomas Siebert (G Data). RAID 2011, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Vol. 6961) / September 2011