AV-TEST: Full points for G DATA Mobile Internet Security
100 percent detection rate were achieved in the current test.
In January 2018, AV-TEST analysed 20 security apps for Android. G DATA Mobile Internet Security took first place once again, with the best protection against current mobile threats, ease of use and practical add-on functions. With 13 marks out of a possible 13, G DATA Mobile Internet Security took the top spot and was given the coveted AV-TEST certification.
G DATA Mobile Internet Security offers total protection for mobile data on smartphones and tablets using the Android operating system. Besides fending off Trojans, viruses, malware and dangers while mobile surfing, the smart security app also protects users against the fatal consequences of losing the device or having it stolen. Smartphones can be located and all the data stored on them can be deleted remotely, protecting them from third party access.
- Protection against phishing and malicious websites via cloud-based detection methods
- Protection against dangerous apps: The app control verifies the permissions of apps and issues warnings about inquisitive apps
- Protection against Android malware: The Cloud connection enables the resource-saving Advanced Scan to detect all malware and stay fully up-to-date at all times
- Customisable SMS and call filter for telemarketing calls, etc.
- Protection if the device is lost or stolen: If the smartphone or tablet is lost, all the data stored on it can be deleted, or the device can be locked or located.
- Comprehensive, configurable parental controls so children can also use the mobile device.