G Data achieves highest score in retrospective test
G Data, the Internet security specialist, today announces that its antivirus solution, G Data AntiVirus 2012, has been awarded the highest certificate in the recent retrospective detection test by AV-Comparatives. The renowned tester checked 12 security packages to determine how much protection they offer against new, unknown malware and awarded G Data AntiVirus 2012 the Advanced+ status for its high proactive detection rate and the product’s few false positives.
Even though there was one package in the test that had a slightly higher detection rate (67%) than G Data, that particular package generated too many false positives to be granted the Advanced+ status. G DataAntiVirus 2012 achieved a proactive detection rate of 64%, which is comfortably above the average in the testing field. Combined with its low number of false positives, it can therefore be considered the winner of the test.
A detailed report of the test can be found here: www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_retro_nov2011.pdf
G Data AntiVirus 2012
Simple. Safe. Low on resources.
G Data AntiVirus not only offers the highest detection rates – it also has the new Idle Scan feature to make use of inactive computer running time.
Additional cloud-based checksum comparison of suspicious files means your PC is completely protected against viruses, worms, Trojans, backdoors and other risks – without loss of performance or tedious queries.
- Best virus detection using DoubleScan technology and OutbreakShield
- Extremely fast response time to new viruses
- Latest detection methods for unknown viruses (behaviour blocking, heuristics, CloudSecurity)
Unobtrusive virus protection
- Idle Scan: virus checking when the user or system is inactive
- Proactive protection against online banking Trojans
- Faster system and application starts
- More effective web and phishing protection
- On-execution monitoring mode especially for heavily-loaded systems
Simple to use
- All important information at a glance in the G Data SecurityCenter
Versions and prices
G Data AntiVirus 2012: recommended retail price £29.95
G Data AntiVirus 2012 for 3 PCs: recommended retail price £39.95