G Data MobileSecurity 2 provides reliable protection against mobile malware as well as real-time protection when surfing the net on a smartphone or tablet PC. In addition, users can block annoying callers and SMS senders, and contacts and the corresponding calls and messages can be password protected. Those who use their device for personal use as well as for work can thus protect their business contacts separately.
In addition, smartphone and tablet users can protect themselves from the fatal consequences of a loss or theft. Devices can be retrieved and stored data can be deleted from afar to protect it from third party access. Mobile devices are thus optimally protected.
Key features of G Data MobileSecurity 2:
- -Instant protection when surfing
- -Protection against dangerous apps: The app check verifies the authorisations of applications and categorises them.
- -Protection against Android malware: Maximum protection through regular updates. Files and archives can also be scanned manually.
- -SMS and call filter: Annoying callers and SMS senders can be blocked easily by entering them in a blacklist.
- -Protection if the device is lost or stolen: If the smartphone is lost, the user can use G Data MobileSecurity 2 to locate the device using Google Maps or find it using an alarm signal. In addition, the user can delete all data from afar and lock the mobile device.
- -Lock in case of a change of SIM card: It is possible to prevent the device from being used with a different SIM card. In addition, the user is informed of the change of card by SMS.
- -Password protection for apps: Certain apps can only be started once the correct password has been entered.
- -Protected contacts: Contacts from the address book as well as the corresponding calls and messages are password protected.
Price and availability
G Data MobileSecurity 2 recommended retail price: £19.95
The smart security solution will be available e.g. in Google Play and the G Data online shop from June 18, 2012.
- -Smartphone or tablet PC with an Android operating system version 2.1 or above
- -Space required: approx. 3 MB